Take the burden out of residential and commercial painting
Thinking about sprucing up the home or office? Was your last DIY project more work and struggle than you would have liked? Many people simply do not have the time or know-how to tackle a painting project on their own. A Professional Painter could save the day and leave you impressed and satisfied.
But how do you know who to hire?
Below are some useful tips to consider when seeking out a professional painting service.
Word of mouth matters
If you are just beginning your search, ask your neighbors, friends, or family. They may have had some work done recently themselves and would be able to provide you with a straightforward and honest opinion. Plus, anytime you get to see a contractor’s work close-up can give you a pretty good idea of the quality of their work.
Make the call
Call at least three different contractors and arrange a meeting. A professional firm will visit your property before talking price. This will allow you to state your expectations and address your concerns. As well as allow the contractor to talk about what they could offer you and point out any concerns they have with the proposed job. But it is important that you ask the right questions to get the most valuable information that will help you decide who to hire.
- How long have they been in business? What is the experience level of their team?
- Consider their credentials: a reputable, licensed, and insured contractor will have all the proper documents.
- Ask for references, the more recent the better.
- What about a guarantee? You’ll want to know that a contractor will stand behind their work.
First impressions matter and a good contractor will understand that you have needs: budget, timeline, honesty, hard work, and they will strive to establish their professionalism by assuring you that they will commit to your satisfaction.
Get an estimate
Seek a written estimate from each contractor you interview. The estimate should include a breakdown of labor, material costs, time, and a detailed description of preparation work. Once you receive the bids, you can compare the proposals and see how they stack up with one another.
- Do all proposals have the same amount of prep, materials, and scope of the job?
- Do they all have the proper credentials?
- What about the cost? Of course, the price should be a concern but do not hire on price alone, look at the big picture.
- Warranty options, will the painter correct any chipping, peeling, blistering, or flaking? (beyond the paint manufacturers’ warranty)
Make the decision
Now it’s time for you to pick. You’ve done your homework, you have your bids, and all that’s left to do is choose your painting service. By this time you should have a good idea of what you’re getting. Indeed, there is a lot to consider when choosing, but a professional and experienced painting service will have been there every step of the way to make sure you are confident and satisfied.
Your Local Sonoma County Painting Company
By taking the time to research and meet with contractors for consultation, homeowners and businesses alike can eliminate concerns and move confidently forward on their next project. Timmins Painting provides Residential and Commercial Painting in Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sonoma County and Beyond. To learn more, speak with the specialists at Timmins Painting directly (707) 792-0773 or connect with us online Here!